Manitoba Opera celebrates the Second Season of…
The Student Ambassador Program
You are a Student Ambassador if:
- You are a post-secondary student
- You want to see young people attend opera
- You want to gain professional development from unique educational opportunities
- You want to explore a career in the arts.
As a Student Ambassador, you will arrange a group subscription for your peers to attend performances during our 2023/24 season, plan post/pre-show social events, and share your love of opera with audience members prior to each performance.
You will also participate in workshops, attend MO performances, observe behind the scenes of an opera production company, and get a unique look at the administrative side of a professional arts organization. AND you will also receive an honorarium.
The application consists of:
- 1-2 paragraphs (250 words max.) outlining why you want to be an Ambassador, and ideas you have to create an opera-going community at your school.
- List of skills or experiences that will make you an ideal candidate for our Student Ambassador Program.
The Student Ambassador Program will run for the duration of our 2023/24 season. Maximum of 9 Ambassadors will be chosen. Student Ambassadors must be available to attend evening performances and an orientation session. Additional programming will be scheduled according to the availability of the Student Ambassadors and 5-10 hours of self-directed administrative work should be anticipated.
Past Student Ambassadors are WELCOME to apply!
Applications for the 2023/24 season are now closed. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions.