Manitoba Opera (MO) invites qualified candidates to apply for the position of FINANCE OFFICER.
The Finance Officer is a senior member of Manitoba Opera’s management team. Reporting to the General Director, the Finance Officer will be responsible for the preparation and maintenance of financial records and reports for MO. This position provides financial support to the General Director through bookkeeping, payroll, banking and reporting services. The Finance Officer will be accountable for all the necessary and appropriate records, files and processes to ensure the smooth and compliant financial operation of the organization, focusing on accuracy and transparency.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume and cover letter
by 5:00 p.m., May 14, 2021 to:
1060-555 Main St. Winnipeg, MB R3B 1C3
Manitoba Opera thanks all who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate must provide a satisfactory criminal record check.
- Prepare General Ledger and supporting accounts within Sage Accounting
- Import entries from bank, investigate unmatched entries and make clearing adjustments
- Enter box office/donation entries from box office software into Sage.
- Reconcile bank and credit accounts monthly
- Monitor cash flow and cash management
- Prepare Accounts Payable and process cheques for signing and distribution
- Record revenues including sales reconciliations from box office, donations, grants and sponsorships
- Reconcile all accounts and prepare financial statements, including Balance Sheet, Revenue and Expenditure
- Maintain financial records and filing
- Follow up with MO’s accounts payable/receivable as needed
- Prepare monthly Financial Statements as required by General Director & CEO
- Administer group benefits and prepare bi-weekly payroll, reconcile vacation and overtime liabilities
- Maintain records for taxable benefits, make remittances to Receiver-General for source deductions and GST
- Prepare GST, PST returns and T4, T4A submissions
- Prepare and file Annual Charities Return
- Prepare audit lead-sheets and work with auditors to complete audited financial statements
- Exceptional computer skills, including Sage Accounting, Excel and Payworks payroll
- Complete and expert understanding of all accounting principles and standards for not-for-profit organizations in Canada
- Complete and expert understanding of provincial and federal reporting standards for not-for-profit organizations
- Degree or diploma in business or administration and certification in bookkeeping or financial management
- Minimum 5 years recent related experience, ideally with a not-for-profit organization in Canada
- The successful candidate must provide a satisfactory criminal record check.